Fight for it!

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”
– Mother Theresa

Life is worth fighting for - not just physical life, but spiritual life too. To be sure, the world is fraught with impediments to creative expression, little and large dragons that are poised to devour the finer things being born through you.

Forget about genuine misunderstandings! Heartless criticisms, petty jealousies, twisted interpretations, groundless accusation and violent persecution and a host of other focused and coordinated forces will seek to destroy any new release of brilliant newness at every turn. As such, you must take great care to create an inviolate space that is free of judgment, false humility and false piety where that which you create can mature until it is sufficiently strong to stand on its own.

That inviolate space begins in your heart and mind. Once established it flows outward in blessing to the world around you. If you react to how it is received (it is just as likely to be trampled upon as it is to be met with open arms), the flow will stop almost instantaneously.  If you learn to remain steady and to trust the process, the inexhaustible fountain of blessing within you will continue to overflow from within outward, in blessing to your world.

There will be bright and easy times, but there will also be difficult and dark times. You may have to fight for your life differently in each, but fight you must. The laws of living are the laws of eternal progress and there is no rest for those who give up, give in and collapse in a heap of futility and self-pity.

Life is worth fighting for - not just physical life, but spiritual life too. Keep going, precious friend. Move forward, push onward, rise upward. Relax into the knowledge that you are good enough, strong enough, ready and able to live life as it was meant to be lived. You are not here just to get by or to simply survive. You are here to LIVE and I have faith in you!

Life is life, fight for it!

11 Responses to Fight for it!

1. Lara says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You ROCK.

2. Estelle says:

Thank you Gregg!

3. Bravo, to you and Mother Teresa!

4. Ricardo B. says:

Life sure is the bunch of beautiful things echoed above, and when you do think about the almost endless ways people have managed to strip it bare in their own experience, leaving them bitter, angry and confused in the process, well then you do get the idea that there is something in life that needs protection and needs to be fought for. The way I look at it too, is that life’s promises need protection, for all of its awesomeness is in a state of potential waiting for any person to come around with still enough faith to intelligently unfold its splendor.

I’ve met far too many a cynic who has somehow gone to war against human ignorance and injustice, and it just appears to me that by doing that they draw more injustices to themselves, which in an odd way confirms the validity of their own temperament and so they feel justified, but sadly unbeknownst to them it just ends up driving the stake of cynicism deeper in their heart. This is just one example of getting fooled into fighting the wrong battles.

I’ve learned to never give up on life, for life never ever gave up on me in spite of the many chances it certainly could have. I feel an obligation, much like yours and all the other folks who have given testimony over the ages, to restore the good name and honor of life.

5. Marianne says:

Amen!

6. MMc says:

There have been times when my weariness seemed to threaten my will to keep going. It’s cause directly related to disappointment in people, personal health challenges or grief. I felt like I actually had the choice to give up and fade away or buck up and renew my covenant with our creator and in a way start again. I actually consciously made the decision. I asked myself why I would choose to stay and live on. The major reason was, I was not done here. There were still those that depended on my contribution and I felt I had not fulfilled my promise to our Creator. I wasn’t thinking of taking my life but giving up on it. It’s not the same but in way it’s just as damning. I appreciate your post today. It takes a vibrancy of spirit to meet the challenges of the world. I think Mother Theresa wrote her encouraging poem because this is a common situation. I did find what you suggest to be the fact. When I made my decision a host of changes started to make their way into my circumstance. I had to wonder had my dismal thinking keeping been keeping them out.

7. Chuck Reddick says:

What a beautiful piece by Mother Theresa to share with us today Gregg – thank you. You end with “Life is Life – fight for it”. This is a great reminder to fight for it instead of “fighting it”.

8. Brad says:

This is a remarkable piece by Mother Theresa – thank you for sharing, I had forgotten about it. And in my experience she is right, “life is life, fight for it”!
    Something else you mention here that really stands out to me is the notion of remaining steady, “…remain steady and trust in the process”. When I start reacting to things around me that’s when ciaos ensues, and only because of my own doing. However, when I remain steady in heart, mind, and action….ah, a different world opens up. It’s as if it’s already there but just around the corner out of sight. My reaction to circumstances always leads down a rough and bumpy road – I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I know it. Lesson learned!
    Like Mother Theresa says, we sometimes have to fight for life and often that includes remaining steady.

9. Joshua says:

A message to Life, and those things that would seek to devour……
    “It’s on!”
    Thanks Gregg!

10. Your words instill the spirit of victory in the face of whatever challenges are faced and the spirit of appreciation for that which wonderfully is. Such invigoration is the life that gives us the fight for life!

11. Zach says:

I will never give up fighting for the perfection that I know can come from me. It doesn’t matter how it is received, it only matters that it is freely given. Thanks for having faith, I do too!